By Nicolas Vargas
Interest in ‘Google Authorship’ has been rapidly rising in recent months – do you know what it’s all about?
Let’s start at the beginning
What is Google Authorship?
This is a project powered by Google which aims to connect authors with content they have written, through Google + .
Some of the arguments that Google put forward to justify you signing up to the project are:
• Verifies your content in search results.
• Allows people to connect to people (get involved with the authors and vice versa)
• Spread authors content thought the web.
• Strong weapon against spammers
• Improve search results (high quality content)
• Your image will appear next to your article in the search results, making the entry stand out more, and likely to increase click through rate.
The process is pretty straightforward ( it is a lot simpler now than it was a few months ago)
1) Build a Google + profile
2) Sign up for Google+/authorship and
3) Verify your account or link to your content from within Google Plus
What is Author Rank?
Author Rank is the grade that Google gives you according to your social reputation as an author.The more good content you make, the more you’re going to improve your reputation and your Author Rank.
One of the big changes that people expect with this author rank is the implication that this new variable is going to have on a sites ranking.
Search results are already being impacted by Google Authorships and you will see these changes regardless of whether you are logged in or out of Google +
”Author Search result”
According to Google these changes are good for users and for the web. So it’s better to be part of it than be out of it.