Google Adwords Express has launched in Australia and New Zealand, offering small businesses a quick and easy way to advertise online – even if they don’t have a website! (yes, that’s right).
Adwords Express has a few restrictions compared to the normal Adwords interface, as outlined below. But maybe ‘restriction’ is the wrong word – the point is not to be restrictive, but to make it easier for small businesses, with small budgets and not a lot of time, to be able to use Adwords as well.
- Monthly budget (instead of daily)
- You choose business categories, not individual keywords.
- You can’t manage bids, it’s done automatically for you
- You can only show ads locally (25km radius)
- Text ads only
- Google Places listing required
And as I mentioned above – the biggest difference is that you don’t even need a website to advertise on Google Adwords now – all you need is a Google Places listing which is free!
If you or someone you know has a small business, even if they don’t have a website, we can help hook them up with some Google Express vouchers, so get in contact.